Company History

Untitled Document

Arthur Cullum began in the water well drilling business in Northern Arkansas in 1886. In the late 1920’s and early 1930’s he and his son, Edgar moved to North Kansas City on Burlington Street.

Edgar and Anna Cullum had one daughter, Norma Leigh who married Lloyd Eldon Brown in 1940. Brown went into business with Edgar Cullum as a partner in the water well drilling business.

Lloyd and Norma had three children, John, Ed and Laura, which all grew up in the drilling business in one form or another. John ran the drilling side of the business while Ed ran the pump side of the business.

Ed Brown graduated from Baker University in 1966 and started the industrial distribution part of the business expanding into pumps, air compressor and blowers. The distribution part of Cullum & Brown grew and offices were opened in Springfield, Missouri and Wichita, Kansas.

The water well drilling business was discontinued in 1977 and in January 1978 Ed Brown purchased Lloyd Brown and John Brown’s stock in the company.

Cullum & Brown purchased the assets of Harley Equipment’s Wichita office March 31, 2000. With this purchase brought along engines and industrial vehicles. The distribution of industrial vehicles was discontinued in 2002.

To tell about Cullum & Brown as we exist today, we are an industrial equipment distributor and sales company. We distribute products, pumps, air compressors, blowers, engines and related ancillary equipment in the western half of Missouri and the entire state of Kansas.

About Us

Edgar Cullum

About Us

John Brown with Customer